Fw: One Angry Lady

----- Original Message -----
From:


Subject: FWD: One Angry Lady



From:

One Angry Lady
This letter was sent to the Wall Street Journal on August 8, 2008 by Alisa Wilson, Ph.D. Of Beverly Hills , CA . in response to the Wall Street Journal article titled "Where's The Outrage?" that appeared July 31, 2008.

Really. I can tell you where the outrage is. The outrage is here, in this middle-aged, well-educated, upper-middle class woman. The outrage is here, but I have no representation, no voice. The outrage is here, but no one is listening for who am I?

I am not a billionaire like George Soros that can fund an entire political movement..
I am not a celebrity like Barbra Streisand that can garner the attention of the press to promote political candidates. I am not a film maker like Michael Moore or Al Gore that can deliver misleading movies to the public.

The outrage is here, but unlike those with money or power, I don't know how to reach those who feel similarly in order to effect change.



Why am I outraged? I am outraged that my country, the United States of America , is in a state of moral and ethical decline. There is no right or wrong anymore, just what's fair.

Is it fair that millions of Americans who overreached and borrowed more than they could afford are now being bailed out by the government and lending institutions to stave off foreclosure? Why shouldn't these people be made to pay the consequences for their poor judgment?

When my husband and I purchased our home, we were careful to purchase only what we could afford. Believe me, there are much larger, much nicer homes that I would have loved to have purchased. But, taking responsibility for my behavior and my life, I went with the house that we could afford, not the house that we could not afford. The notion of personal responsibility has all but died in our country.

I am outraged, that the country that welcomed my mother as an immigrant from Hitler's Nazi Germany and required that she and her family learn English now allows itself to be overrun with illegal immigrants and worse, caters to those illegal immigrants.

I am outraged that my hard-earned taxes help support those here illegally. That the Los Angeles Public School District is in such disarray that I felt it incumbent to send my child to private school, that every time I go to the ATM, I see "do you want to continue in English or Spanish?", that every time I call the bank, the phone company , or similar business, I hear "press 1 for English or press 2 for Spanish." WHY? This is America , our common language is English and attempts to promote a bi- or multi-lingual society are sure to fail and to marginalize those who cannot communicate in English.

I am outraged at our country's weakness in the face of new threats on American traditions from Muslims. Just this week, Tyson's Food negotiated with its union to permit Muslims to have Eid-al-Fitr as a holiday instead of Labor Day. What am I missing? Yes, there is a large Somali Muslim population working at the Tyson's plant in Tennessee . Tennessee , last I checked, is still part of the United States . If Muslims want to live and work here, they should be required to live and work by our American Laws and not impose their will on our long history.

In the same week, Random House announced that they had indefinitely delayed the publication of The Jewel of Medina, by Sherry Jones, a book about the life of Mohammed's wife, Aisha due to fear of retribution and violence by Muslims. When did we become a nation ruled by fear of what other immigrant groups want? It makes me so sad to see large corporations cave rather than stand proudly on the principles that built this country.

I am outraged because appeasement has never worked as a political policy, yet appeasing Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is exactly what we are trying to do. An excellent article, also published recently in the Wall Street Journal, went through over 20 years of history and why talking with Iran has been and will continue to be ineffective. Yet talk, with a madman no less, we continue to do. Have we so lost our moral compass and its ability to detect evil that we will not go in and destroy Iran 's nuclear program? Would we rather wait for another Holocaust for the Jews - one which they would be unlikely to survive? When does it end?

As if the battle for good and evil isn't enough, now come the Environmentalists who are so afraid of global warming that they want to put a Bag tax on grocery bags in California; to eliminate Mylar balloons; to establish something as insidious as the recycle police in San Francisco. I do my share for the environment: I recycle, I use water wisely, I installed an energy efficient air conditioning unit. But when and where does the lunacy stop?Ahmadinejad wants to wipe Israel off the map, the California economy is being overrun by illegal immigrants, and the United States of America no longer knows right from wrong, good from evil. So what does California do? Tax grocery bags.

So, America , although I can tell you where the outrage is, this one middle-aged, well-educated, upper middle class woman is powerless to do anything about it. I don't even feel like my vote counts because I am so outnumbered by those who disagree with me.

Alisa Wilson, Ph.D. Beverly Hills , California


There are a lot more out there, including myself, who think just like Alisa Wilson. The only difference is that she put her thoughts in an email that will reach thousands. I would like to keep this going in the hope that, eventually, WE will again become the Majorityand help to return our nation to being "One Nation Under God". How about YOU ????



COUNT ME IN !!! IT'S TIME WE TAKE BACK THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, ONE NATION UNDER GOD!!! TEACH THE CHILDREN MORALS AND TO RESPECT ONE ANOTHER!!!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

"COUNT ME IN !!! IT'S TIME WE TAKE BACK THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, ONE NATION UNDER GOD!!! TEACH THE CHILDREN MORALS AND TO RESPECT ONE ANOTHER!!! "

Apparently "TO RESPECT ONE ANOTHER" only includes those that are white, Christian, and speak English.

gruaud said...

"Why am I outraged? I am outraged that my country, the United States of America , is in a state of moral and ethical decline. There is no right or wrong anymore, just what's fair."

Hello? The GOP has had it all their own way for the last eight years. Take it up with them.

Also, last I heard, fair is right and unfair is wrong.

Erika said...

Someone needs to school this doctor of philosophy about the myriad immigrants to this country who never learned English, and, no, they weren't all Mexicans. Some were even, gasp, German.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Erika, my parents live in Amish country (in PA). Try talking to them some day; ach du lieber, sprechen sie Deutsch? Oh yeah: they are WHITE and allegedly Christian, so, maybe they're given some special dispensation that those dirty messican & chinks aren't.

Anonymous said...

Whatever institution bestowed this woman's PhD should feel a deep shame at including her among their graduates.

Poorly written, hypocritical, full of blinding hate for anyone not just like her, and lacking in basic understandings about how the world works.

He Dr. Wilson: the option to use Spanish at an ATM is not some big liberal conspiracy to destroy English. Banks do that because some of their customers actually (gasp!) speak Spanish. Not giving the option is a great way to lose business.

That's it, that's all. Simple profit motive, something I always thought Conservatives worshiped as the greatest of all human virtues.

Anonymous said...

"...there is a large Somali Muslim population working at the Tyson's plant in Tennessee."

Watch the documentary "Food, Inc." for a concise answer to why Somali Muslims & dirty Mexicans are working in food processing plants in the south & mid-west.

It's bc, you corporate groveling Repuke, our corporate overlords have special dispensation (mainly from GOP congressfarts, but also from dimocrats)to go out and ADVERTISE in third world countries' newspapers & online services to bring undocumented workers over here to do sweaty, dirty, unsafe shitwork at excessivily LOW wages, so that nasty shrews like you get to eat CHEAP FOOD.

Bitch.

And then when the INS shows up, the undocumented workers get kicked out - almost always losing their last pitiful paycheck - the corporations don't even get a slap on the wrist. They just go back out to some third world hell-hole and hire the next batch of slaves.

Yeah, that's right, you asshole. Let's demonize the poor of the world whilst groveling like the fat pathetic pig that you are at the feet of your corporatist masters.

MORALS? you wouldn't know a moral if it slapped you in your nasty, greasy, butt-ugly face.

Anonymous said...

"Teach the children morals and to respect one another."

Well how nice (hope y'all know that as the punchline to certain types of southern jokes. It roughly translates to: fuck you).

Yeah, that'd be nice, and hey, I even agree. Last time I checked, teaching "morals and respect" doesn't involve shrieking & throwing tantrums like a toddler in public meetings, where you treat everyone there w/utter disregard.

I could go on, but I won't. The irony is wasted on this jerkwad. Spare me the phoney "moralizing" by racist assholes like this.

Anonymous said...

Troll alert!

Go spread your lies and stupidity somewhere else.

YOU LIE, Britannicus, and if you you don't know, then you'd better go educate yourself before it's too late.

Joe Wilson alerted me to nothing other than the fact that he's a racist jerk.

son of dad said...

won't somebody please think of the rich white americans! they've been silenced too long!

Anonymous said...

I saw "Food, Inc.", too. I already knew a lot of what it said, but some was "news" to my friends. It's very informative.

I, too, wish rightwingers would learn WHY there are undocumented aliens in this country beyond the obvious reason that they want to lead a better life and earn more money.

Much more of the onus should be put on corporations, agribusiness, and small businesses who consistently hire illegals for very low pay & NO benefits (including health ins), usually appalling conditions, and then, yes, it's the illegals who are kicked out if caught, but the businesses suffer NO consequences most of the time.

One post talks about the alleged health care costs of undocumented aliens. It is of concern, but has anyone really conducted a cost-benefit analysis of the extra money businesses make by hiring illegals, of how much all citizens save by having illegals do a lot of the grunt work for us (that most of us wouldn't want to do)? And then REALLY run a cost-benefit analysis of that against the costs of their health care under a public option?

Frankly, I'm sure their health care costs are grossly exaggerated, and unless idiotic Britannica can PROVE his wild claims about numerous illegals getting expensive dialysis, I don't believe it.

The whole picture is a lot more complicated than meets the eye. And frankly, if illegals get to take advantage of the public option (hypothetically) it'll ALSO be because businesses and corporations WANT that. It will certainly ADD to their bottom line and BENEFIT the corporations.

Will citizens be somewhat screwed by that? Yes and no. Again, much more complex than wingtards wish to make it seem.

So exhausting how stupid most of these wingtards are, whether they have Ph.D.s or not.

Anonymous said...

Bet this bitch has a Mexican gardner, a Guatamalen pool boy and a Honduran nanny. Bet she pays them crap wages and didn't check their green cards first, much less make any effort to contribute to their SSI and Medicare payments.

It's always the way.

gruaud said...

Britannicus, you ninny, you. Addison Graves " Joe" Wilson is a vast, hillbilly dick-head and a disgrace to Congress.

Wrong board, my friend. Try hanging with the reptilians at LGF. I guarantee they're your cup of tea.

Snarla said...

It is pathetic that someone with a PhD thinks so poorly.
There is no right or wrong anymore, just what's fair.
Not clear on what this might mean, especially since she then lists what she perceives as injustices.
Ma'am, nobody required your mother to learn English.
The US is somewhere between .5 and 2% Muslim, so I don't think you need to worry too much about their imposing their will on "us," unless you're such a knuckle-dragging moron that you think our president is a crypto-Muslim.
Random House's decisions have nothing to do with anything. Why do you hate capitalism?
Any new holocaust is a lot more likely to be perpetrated by Israel than suffered by Jews.
Ahmadinejad is not a madman. I'll put his PhD up against yours any day.
Ahmadinejad wants to wipe Israel off the map-- You lie!
Please explain connection between taxing plastic bags and illegal immigration.
*sigh*

Anonymous said...

SIGH. This woman could be my sister. My sister is smart and well educated, but she's turned into someone EXACTLY like this.

On my better days, I feel sorry for my sister bc she is constantly boiling mad w/unfettered ANGER. But her anger is about junk like this. Almost none of it makes any sense; it's all a bunch of rightwing talking points signifying nothing, other than to bitch & moan about how "my voice isn't being heard! WAH WAH WAH."

I want my sister back! Ya know: the one who USED to be a nicer person, and who USED to make some sense.

Snarla said...

Oh, too funny. A movie about Charles Darwin can't find a distributor in the freedom-loving USA because of fears of a violent backlash from Christianists.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6173399/Charles-Darwin-film-too-controversial-for-religious-America.html

gruaud said...

Yeah, Snarla -- That had me rolling my eyes so hard that they went underneath the sofa.
I had a helluva time finding them again.

Ah, America...what an embarrassment you've become.

My Canadian wife tells me of how all her relatives just laugh at us. Now a real 'murken would say screw them commie canucks...but the rest of us should really take pause. The world despises us for our arrogance, aggressiveness, and stupidity.

Our descent to 3rd World status is all but assured.

Thx 4 Fish said...

Gruaud is right. And it is eery watching our collapse coming like it is in slow motion, and we can't do anything but watch it happen. With the combination of American arrogance and policies that will destroy the world's economy we will not have a friend left in the world. I sometimes wonder if the border fence we are building will be used to keep us INSIDE the US in years to come.

Anonymous said...

Just to make you all feel even worser: go read this post at DailyKos re Colbert's coverage (one of the very few who are talking about it) of the upcoming Court case, where the Supremes are about to give your corporate overlords the rights to BUY elections (as if they didn't already).

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/9/16/782917/-Colbert-Goes-ThereOnly-Media-Figure-In-America-To-Openly-Discuss-Corporate-Control-Of-Govt

Really, all this jabberwocky from Beck-Limpballs-Hannity & co. is to DISTRACT not only the shrieking nutjobs, but EVERYONE, from the realer reality beyond the matrix.

Think I'm joking?? Have a look. Scary stuff, indeed.

Anyone ready to move to Greater Canuckistan?

katz said...

Sooo...is her degree in Beverly Hills? Or, given the lack of an actual subject matter and university (and the fact that the real PhD's among us don't feel the need to smack letters on their names to prove their points), did she just fudge her associate's degree a little?

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I know some Ph.D.'s who are just as crazed as this loon. My hubby has a Ph.D., and he's a smart cookie (and a progressive).

But take it from me, a Ph.D. doesn't guarantee anything IMHO. The phrase "educated idiot" comes to mind.

Mark in SJ said...

Shorter: I hate everyone who is even remotely different from me.

One thing... "One Nation Under God" is a manufactured slogan. When can we get to the "One Nation Under A Groove", baby?

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.