Fw: Our Flag, Our Country, Our President

Curator's note: This is a more expansive version of this RW FWD: already in the archive.



, Our President

Subject: Our Flag, Our Country, Our President

Received from a friend today. Even if you have seen this before, please share. Thanks, Barb

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS !!!!!!
Here is a little bit of RECORDED history and being that we all have a tendency to forget issues (mainly when it is convenient to us); it is good to refresh those tired neurons . . .

The following is a narrative taken from Sunday Morning's televised "Meet The Press'. The author is employed by none other than the Washington Post!!

From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.

General Bill Ginn' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General also stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...

During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with th e right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

Senator Obama replied:
"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides". "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression."

"The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing.."

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???

Obama said: "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. (Are you #$*&%^$# me???) If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love.

It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the l evel of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of waring people, conduct ourselves as the nations of Islam where peace prevails - - - perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ."

When I become President, I will seek a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation have placed upon the nations of Islam an unfair injustice which is WHY my Wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America "

Yes, you read it right. I, for one, am speechless!!!

Dale Lindsborg,

Washington Post


THAT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,, CITIZENS AND RESIDENTS OF THIS WONDERFUL COUNTRY CALLED THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA -

IS YOUR PRESIDENT . . . . . . .

Come on 2012 !!!!!!!!!! That will be a CHANGE I could believe in!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you read it right. I, for one, am brainless!!!

That sounds more accurate.

AStanhope said...

"Snoped" here last time in case anyone is interested:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp

Anonymous said...

the tiny tiny type at the bottom says:

Dale Lindsborg,

Washington Post


THAT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,, CITIZENS AND RESIDENTS OF THIS WONDERFUL COUNTRY CALLED THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA -

IS YOUR PRESIDENT . . . . . . .

Come on 2012 !!!!!!!!!! That will be a CHANGE I could believe in!!!!!!

Marc with a C said...

I personally refuse to pledge allegiance to the flag because I don't even know what "the flag" means. I pledge allegiance to the PEOPLE living in the United States of America, and will defend them as best I can at the voting booth, at the polls, and in my every day life as best I can. But ask me to drop everything I'm doing an sign over my heart and soul to an image? Thanks, but no thanks.

Also, bonus: This RWF wasn't even a distortion of real facts, but made up out of whole cloth. FTW!!!!

ferschitz said...

I heard that BHO eats fetuses with fava beans & chianti, and I BELIEVE it!!!!!!!!! Now that's change that I can believe in!

Woo-hoo, yay team, go USA, USA, USA...

A brief search on teh google, not just snopes, debunks this idiocy in several different sources. Plus, so-called Dale Lindsborg is a fake and doesn't even work for the WahPoo (no matter how crapulous that "nooz paper" is):

http://www.eandppub.com/2008/10/fictitious-wash.html

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh

I jest believes me whatevah stupidity coms my way without ever questionin et; why bothers to teh google when I kin point en laff...

Anonymous said...

You have to admire how the right is unfettered by the truth. For instance, in the health care debate, they keep saying reform will increase costs. That has been proven false, yet they keep repeating it. maybe if they repeat it enough, it will be accepted is true.

Tootseye said...

I don't know if I "admire" the right for being unfettered by the truth, but they are certainly consistent in their lack of touch with reality. I do give them that, plus the cognitive dissonance thingy.

katz said...

Anonymous #3:

Katz is a millionaire, Katz is a millionaire, Katz is a millionaire...

Celia said...

I've heard the bit about "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing" before, and I think it may have been attributed to someone else first. It's more catchy than the American national anthem, though. But "The Star-Spangled Banner" is still better than "God Save The Queen". Our national anthem sucks :(

Anyway, I wonder how many people who "love the flag" (and this goes whatever country they live in) own an item of clothing with the flag pattern on it. I believe that used to be seen as disrespectful.

"I love the flag so much, I wish to rub it against my nipples"

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.