Fw: New Employment

A guy goes to the Post Office to apply for a job.The interviewer asks him, "Are you allergic to anything?"

He replies, "Yes, caffeine."

"Have you ever been in the military service?"

"Yes," he says, "I was in Iraq for two years."

The interviewer says, "That will give you 5 extra points toward employment."

Then he asks, "Are you disabled in any way?"

The guy says, "Yes. A bomb exploded near me and I lost both of my testicles.

The interviewer grimaces and then says, "OK. You've got enough points for me to hire you right now. Our normal hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00
P.M.
You can start tomorrow at 10:00 - and plan on starting at 10:00 A.M. every day."

The guy is puzzled and asks, "If the work hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., why don't you want me here until 10:00 A.M.?"

"This is a government job," the interviewer says, "For the first two hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that."

5 comments:

gruaud said...

Yep, even though 20% of America is out of work,
a job with the government is bad.

Even though the corporations aren't hiring, better
you should go hungry and do without healthcare.

So now the joke is even funnier, yes?

Thx 4 Fish said...

There's a lot of coffee drinking and crotch scratching at my privately owned business too. I think they call that human nature.

Here's a linkto a list of things the government does right. Add in the commentary below, and there's actually a whole lot of stuff they do just fine.

Under the Bush admin. there was a hiring freeze on most government agencies. It was quite a difficult situation in some offices who could not even replace retiring or resigning workers. It's amazing that some, managed to hold it together being so understaffed--but I guess Bush was just trying to prove the Republican meme that government doesn't work--by crippling it intentionally. When Obama came into office, my gov't worker friends report, they started hiring again, and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Thx 4 Fish said...

Ugh--here's the link. I haven't figured out the html code yet.
http://masbury.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/name-10-things-the-government-does-well/

ferschitz said...

I've worked in both the private and public sectors (and worked in both in a couple of different countries). I can state unequivocably that there's waste in either sector, including the alleged coffee drinking ball scratching period.

Of course, since women don't have balls, they don't engage in this behavior, and are undoubtedly much more productive than their male counterparts, if you go by the sexist stupidity of this rightwing humor fail "joke."

Most of the people I know who have gov't jobs work as hard or harder than people I know in the private sector, who are also much more likely to have all kinds of odd "perks" and "deals" that gov't workers don't get. It all comes out in the wash, imo, but conservatives love to believe propoganda like this as if it was pooped out by the big man upstairs.

Snarla said...

Thanks for the link, Bebe 99. I always like to have something to tweak my Libertarian government employee friend with.

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.