Fw: What A Letter to the Editor

Curators note: This is the third incarnation of this RWF, and the second Canadian RWF in the Museum.


Fw: What A Letter to the Editor




this is worth reading and remembering for all time .


Danny


--- On Fri, 5/15/09
Subject: What A Letter to the Editor
To:
Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 3:45 PM



My sentiments exactly! This is an excellent article; it matters not who wrote it. The only thing I have to add to it is one big word: AMEN! Do I wish the Islamic world would convert to Christ? Of course, and some will and do, but terrorism must be stopped, and our military is in place to protect this country, and I for one do not have any hesitation, as a patriot and freedom-loving American, in supporting any measures that would stop these murderous beasts from wrecking this country that I, and countless others, have offered to bleed and die for.


Our children and grandchildren are far more important to me than ANY enemy who stretches forth his hand to destroy what God Himself has given to us and blessed us with. The matter, in a nutshell, boils down to this: There is evil in the world, and we must, with God's blessing, resist it and defeat it, or it will destroy us all. Read below (Walt)....



> This was written by a Canadian woman, but oh how it also
> applies to the U.S., U.K. and Australia

>
> THIS ONE PACKS A FIRM PUNCH


>
> Here is a woman who should run for Prime Minister!

>
> Written by a housewife in New Brunswick, to her local

> newspaper. This is one ticked off lady.



>
> 'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was

> it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it

> to

> our shores on September 11, 2001 and have continually

> threatened to do so since?

>
> Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered

> that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from

> the nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania ?

>
> Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a

> horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't

> they?

>
> And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were

> claiming to be tortured by a justice system of the nation

> they come from and are fighting against a brutal

> insurgency.

>

> I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in

> and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on

> 9/11.

>

> I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the

> Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere

> belief of which is a crime punishable by beheading in

> Afghanistan .

>

> I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are

> sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg

> screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

>
> I'll care when the cowardly so-called

> 'insurgents'

>
> in Afghanistan come out and fight like men instead

>

> of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

>
> I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow

> themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent

> children within range of their suicide bombs.

>

> I'll care when the Canadian media stops pretending that

> their freedom of speech on stories is more important than

> the lives of the soldiers on the ground or their families

> waiting at home to hear about them when something happens.

>

> In the meantime, when I hear a story about a CANADIAN

> soldier roughing up an Insurgent terrorist to obtain

> information, know this:

>
> I don't care.

>
> When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he

> is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you

> can take it to the bank:

>
> I don't care.

>
> When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a

> prayer mat, and 'fed special' food that is paid for

> by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is

> being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in

> your heart of hearts:

>
> I don't care.

>
> And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes

> it's spelled 'Koran' and other times

> 'Quran.'

>
> Well, Jimmy Crack Corn you guessed it,

>
> I don't care!!


>
>
> And may I add:

>
> 'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they

> made a difference in the world. But, the Soldiers don't

> have that problem.'

>
> I have another quote that I would like to add, AND.......I

> hope you forward all this.

>
>
> One last thought for the day:

>
> Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

> 1. Jesus Christ

> 2. The Canadian Soldier.

> 3. The British Soldier.

> 4. The US Soldier, and

> 5. The Australian Soldier

>
> One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom.

>
> YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET ALL

> OF THEM.


> AMEN!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sickening and scary. Sadly the right wing has done a great job at brainwashing these people to be totally hypocritical.

I *thought* we were supposed to be "better" than our enemies. I *thought* we were supposed to set a good example. I really don't agree w/the Code of Hammurabi as way of life.

All this "eye for an eye" stuff goes against the teachings in the New Testament, but these folks seem to love to be mired in the Old Testament.

I do my best to live my life following the Golden Rule, which, sadly, seems to have been lost on these folks, who appear to be all about revenge and anger and nastiness.

Ugh. Don't know if this was actually published in a Canadian newspaper or not (someone else can check it out if so desired), but I would certainly never vote for someone like this to be in political office (I'm not Canadian, but whatever). I feel that this is the attitude that is undoing us all.

No thanks.

Celia said...

> And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes

> it's spelled 'Koran' and other times

> 'Quran.'
That's because the original Arabic isn't the same as the alphabet Anglophones use, therefore the correct letter to use is, up to a point, a matter of opinion. Silly person.

Oh, this thing will probably be passed around, changed a bit and attributed to about 38729764 different people in various different countries.

Anonymous said...

Hey, what about Russian Soldiers? I know we're supposed to hate them for being dirty commie foreigners, but they were our allies, and a lot more of them died to defeat the Axis than all the others on this list put together. Just saying.

Marc with a C said...

British soldiers died for my freedom?

Someone needs to look up Lexington and Concord (hint: it was in 1775).

Oh and jihad envy. She has it.

katz said...

Remember, soldiers who die only matter if they're American (or someone America likes)! If you're someone else fighting for some other ideal you believe in, who cares if you die?

Celia said...

Soldiers only count if they're English speaking whites (or led by English speaking whites, at least).

Anonymous said...

"Remember, soldiers who die only matter if they're American (or someone America likes)! If you're someone else fighting for some other ideal you believe in, who cares if you die?"

AMEN TO THAT!!!!

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.