Fwd: Fw: The teacher applicant

A teacher applicant

THE TEACHER APPLICANT ---------THIS IS A GOOD ONE.

After being interviewed by the school administration,

the teaching prospect said,

"Let me see if I've got this right:

You want me to... go into that room with all those kids,

1. correct their disruptive behavior,
2. observe them for signs of abuse,
3. monitor their dress habits,
4. censor their T-shirt messages,
5. and instill in them a love for learning.

You want me to..

6. check their backpacks for weapons,
7. wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and
8. raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

You want me to....

9. teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and
fair play, and
10. how to register to vote,
11. balance a checkbook, and
12. apply for a job.

You want me to....

13. check their heads for lice,
14. recognize signs of anti-social behavior, and
15. make sure that they all pass the state exams.
You also want me to....
16. provide them with an equal education regardless of their
handicaps, and
17. communicate regularly with their parents in English and Spanish
by letter, telephone, conferences, email, homework hotline, web
page, midterm newsletters, and report card.

You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a
bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.

You want me to do all this and then you tell me......

"I CAN'T PRAY?"

Are you nuts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny but when I was in school, the teachers pretty much accomplished all of that without prayer.

But hey: if you want to pray, just do it! No one is stopping you. just do it privately.

I don't "get" why these religious folk have to make everything into a public display of their religious faith. It's like it doesn't count unless everyone within a 5 mile radius is totally aware that YOU (again, it's all about ME) are praying to god.

Be like the Quakers and do it quietly. God will hear, really she will!

But frankly, if you are any kind of a decent teacher, WHY do you need to pray?!!??

Anonymous said...

I do this everyday and have no need to pray.

VagusDoc said...

Pretty sure these tasks are distributed around... my math teacher never checked me for head lice.
You can pray all you want losers, but you can't hoist it on kids! Moment of silence is perfectly even stephens.

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.