Fwd: FW: Fw: Why go to Church?

Subject: Fwd: FW: Fw: Why go to Church?
 

>>>
>>>
>>>Why  go to Church?
>>>
>>>
>>> If  you're spiritually  alive,  you're going to love this!
>>>
>>> If  you're spiritually  dead,  you won't want to read it.
>>>
>>> If  you're spiritually  curious,  there is still hope!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Why  Go To Church?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> A  Church goer wrote  a letter to the  editor of a  newspaper and
complained
>>>that it made no sense  to go to church every Sunday.  "I've gone for 30
years
>>>now," he wrote, "and in  that time I have heard something like 3,000
sermons.
>>>But for the life of me, I can't  remember a single one of them..  So, I
think
>>>I'm wasting my time and the pastors are  wasting theirs by giving sermons
at
>>>all."
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> This  started a real controversy in the "Letters to  the Editor" column,
much
>>>to the delight of the  editor.  It went on for weeks until someone  wrote
this
>>>clincher:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "I've  been married for 30 years now.  In that  time my wife has cooked
some
>>>32,000 meals.   But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the  entire menu
for a
>>>single one of those  meals.  But I do know this.. They all  nourished me
and
>>>gave me the strength I needed  to do my work.  If my wife had not given
me
>>>these meals, I would be physically dead  today.  Likewise, if I had not
gone to
>>>church for nourishment, I would be spiritually  dead today!"  When you
are DOWN
>>>to  nothing..... God is UP to something!  Faith  sees the invisible,
believes
>>>the incredible and  receives the impossible!  Thank God for our  physical
AND
>>>our spiritual nourishment!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> All  right, now that you're done reading, send it on!
>>>
>>> I  think everyone should read this!
>>>
>>> "When  Satan is knocking at your  door,  simply  say, "Jesus,  could you
get
>>>that for  me?"
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So basically that guy is so dumb he would have starved to death if he hadn't been married? Because apparently he isn't able to feed himself?

Anonymous said...

The ones who forward these e-mails could benefit from emailStripper and it’s free.

ferschitz said...

What? So bascially church goers are too friggin teh stoooopit to figure out WHY they're going to church in the first place? And apparently they also don't know how feed themselves, unless "mommy" wife is there doing it for 'em?

Geez, think I'd be mortified to admit how freakin dumb & incompetent I am by forwarding something like this.

But hey thanks for highlighting how rightwingers really are clueless about their beliefs and mentally unfit to accomplish the basics of daily living without someone either doing it for them or giving them a diagram or something.

Not totally surprising, sad to say.

MrCreosote said...

Uggghhh! Is this hurl inducing or what?

While I actually know some quasi-fundies who are "traditional" to a fault and live much like the way the email describes, I've always tried to avoid stereotyping and painting people as monolithic and one-dimensional - But then here comes something like this saccharine laden email that goes out of its way to prove the stereotype correct; and is proud to do so.

gruaud said...

Better cute and saccharine rather than gloating over Japan's misfortune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDl0X_awwjU

I wonder if she's spiritually alive?

katz said...

What a worthless husband. He can't even remember what his wife made him last night?

ferschitz said...

Hey gruaud: I'm like 2 degrees of Kevin Bacon from that Bimbo. Wallace's whitey-white neighbors are defending her bc - wait for it - Wallace is a "victim of reverse discrimination"!! No sh*t. Let's all feel so sorry for her bc she's a racist bigoted airhead who everyone now hates bc she displayed who she really is.

Here's something, though, to cleanse our pallets. A very sweet, thoughtful, funny, entertaining, intelligent, talented song in response:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=57653

Eat your heart out Bimbo Wallace; you'll never ever be as smart and talented as this random Asian guy, no matter how hard you pump up your fake ta-tas.

gruaud said...

@ ferschitz

That was wicked good, thanks.

Anonymous said...

@ Ferschitz

You burst my bubble. I had convinced myself that the whole video was some attempt at satire by taking the fundamentalist position to the extreme. I just had trouble believing that anyone could be so mean spirited and actually believe it.

She suffers from "reverse discrimination"? People are actually saying that? Poor baby, if only she was suffering from something milder, like an earthquake, a tsunami or radiation poisoning. Some people have all the luck.

Anonymous said...

@ Ferschitz

Oh apparently you were referring to a different person than the one in gruaud's link. That Wallace girl is a saint compared to the her.

Thx 4 Fish said...

That girl is insane - in the same way a lot of fundies can take the message of peace that Jesus gave and turn it into a desire for violent revenge on those of differing beliefs. I think sometimes religion can have a positive effect on people. For others it is a handy excuse for indulging unbalanced, violent or hateful impulses in the name of Jesus. If there are such things as sins these religious nightmares are probably committing the worst one imaginable.

ferschitz said...

Sorry, I confess I didn't look at gruaud's link and thought it was that Wallace bimbo.

Yes, Wallace's rich white entitled friends and neighboors feel "so sorry" for Wallace & I have heard with my own ears one person saying (and I quote verbatim) that Wallace is "a victim of reverse discrimination."

I am not exaggerating. Rightwingers will go to any length to *avoid* any & all responsibility for their own racist and/or bullying actions, along with bending themselves into pretzels to *victimize* themselves to poors & minorities.

It is teh crazeeee... Last update on the gossip front is that Wallace has withrawn from UCLA; initially Daddy Wallace was threatening all kinds of "legal action" to keep his Bimbo daughter in UCLA .... just becuase the Bimbo was being so "unfairly persecuted" (also a verbatim quote).

drrrrrrrrrrrr

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.