Fw: Car Shopping

LOVE this one!!!
>
>
>
>                I stopped by the Toyota Dealership yesterday for a look at the new Tacoma . Just for fun, I took it out for a test drive. I wanted to sense that new "feel" before they become extinct...
>
>
>                The salesman (wearing an Obama "change" lapel pin) sat in the passenger seat describing the truck and all its "wonderful" options.
>
>                The seats were of particular interest. He explained that the seats directed warm air to your butt in the winter and directed cool air to your butt in the summer heat.
>
>                Feeling like messing with his mind, I mentioned that this must be a Republican truck.
>
>                Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck.
>
>
>
>                I explained that if it were a Democrat truck, the seats would blow smoke up your ass year-round.
>
>
>
>                I had to walk back to the dealership........damn guy had no sense of humor.

4 comments:

ferschitz said...

Has anyone here ever seen an "Obama 'Change' lapel pin"?? I haven't. I realize that this is a joke, but how many car sales people run around with political lapel pins like that? They may wear a "non-denominational" flag pin, but in my experience, most sales folks just want to make a buck, not some vapid political statement that might offend someone.

I give this "joke" a half thumb up only because it's mild in comparison to most of the nasty racist stuff that comes through here.

Anonymous said...

Concur. Premise is silly, the humor is smirk-worthy at best, but the lack of racism or other blather makes it tolerable.

Anonymous said...

I myself have a low tolerance for political humor where the joke works equally well if you swap the names of the parties.

Anonymous said...

Ferschitz beat me to it.

One, I've never seen a "change" lapel pin.

Two, I've never seen a car salesman - or any other salesperson - wearing a partisan political pin, ever. They're friggin' SALESPEOPLE - the customer is always right, because that's how you make money. (At most, I've occasionally encountered a salesperson who would make political comments AGREEING with the customer, IF they were sure they knew the customer's political leanings, but that's it.)

And three, is there some sort of implication that car salespeople are Democrats? The union guys who make American cars (i.e., not Toyota) might lean Democratic, but retail sales is a whole different animal, and, unlike unionized manufacturing, has no particular Democratic leanings. Is the joke-writer to dumb to know the difference between unionized, Democratic-leaning, American-car manufacturing labor, and non-union, not-particularly-Democratic, foreign-car sales labor??

This joke is so dumb that it makes my head hurt.

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.