FW: Rumor

Subject: Rumor

This might be a true story.

When Tim was a youth in Thailand he bought a horse from a local farmer for 4000 Baht (about $100 dollars). The farmer agreed to deliver the horse the next day. The next day the farmer walked up and said, "Sorry, but I have some bad news... the horse died." Tim replied, well then, just give me my money back." The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went into Bangkok and spent it already." Tim said, "Ok, then, just bring me the dead horse." The farmer asked, "What ya gonna do with him?" Tim said, "I'm going to raffle him off." The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead horse!" Tim said, "Sure I can, watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead." A month later, the farmer met up with Tim and asked, "What happened with that dead horse?" Tim said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at 75 Baht each (two dollars) and made a profit of 37,000 Baht ($998)." The farmer said, "Didn't anyone complain?" Tim said, "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his 75 Baht back." Tim grew up and now works for the U.S. government. He's the one who figured out how this "bail-out" is going to work. Tim’s full name is Timothy F. Geithner

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So actually, according to this... Tim is a pretty smart customer who can take a bad situation and fix it. This whole time I thought that Republicans considered him an idiot. I seriously wish they would make up their minds.

Anonymous said...

This is a clever bit of wingnuttery in that Geithner actually did grow up in Thailand.

Beyond that, as usual, the story itself was pulled out of somebody's ass.

Anonymous said...

This is an old joke that has been applied to any number of people that the right wish to smear....

But as the first post says: isn't this basically what the right wing plutocrats do??? Rip off everyone in sight? I was seriously under the impression that is what a good little repuke does.

As usual: IOKIYAR, but, also as ususal: it's NOT OK if you're a Democrat... also, ACRON!!1, telepromter, also, too, also...

Anonymous said...

Hey I've heard this rummor before... about a kid in Montana...

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.