Subject: Fw: BULLSEYE!
----- Original Message -----
Subject: Fw: BULLSEYE!

Subject: BULLSEYE!
Fundamental truths are easy to recognize because they are verified daily through simple observation and thus, require no testing.
Working at Republic Steel for 10 years, until its closing in 1983, the best line I ever heard there was when this young black kid was being reprimanded for the last time before being fired.
Predictably, the black youth said to the shop foreman, "You're firing me because I'm black!"
The boss said, "No, we hired you because you were black. We're firing you because you are useless!
The same goes for the President of the United States


Anonymous said...

No, we hired you because you were black

Probably the first time that's ever been said. But hey, I guess 400 years of racism, enslavement, hate and discrimination all gets washed away because one guy was supposedly hired without qualifications and his skin was black instead of white.

The same goes for the President of the United States

Sorry, no.

Thx 4 Fish said...

Fundamental errors in logic are not easy to spot because people make them every day on the basis of "simple" observation. This email illustrates quite a few of those errors: emotion, generalization, magnification, selective abstraction, global judgements. Racism relies on these types of errors.

ferschitz said...

It's possible that the plant hired the African American man due to Affirmative Action, which *always* made white racist men especially angry. No matter what race, people deserve to be fired if they don't perform their job adequately.

Clearly, though, this nasty bigoted diatribe is saying that simply because they young man was African American, he was, therefore, *useless.*

Thanks for being very *clear* about what racist pigs you are.

And no, Obama was NOT "hired" because he was African American, and there was NO "affirmative action" that caused him to win.

I happen to agree that Obama is useless (in my opinion), but my observations of Obama's work performance are much more *objective* than any of these rightwinger's propogandized feelings.

Of course, this is written by some Koch-funded rightwing think tank highlighting how they use basic racism to pit voters against one another.

Wake up! The old paradigm of right v. left, Republican v. Democrat no longer applies. It's a Class War with the upper 1% pitting the rest of 99% against each other. And believe me, NONE of the losers who buy this propoganda are in the upper 1%.

Anonymous said...

A young black kid at a steel mill? Was this e-mail written before the introduction of child labor laws?

gruaud said...

Anonymous hits a ringing double of the wall.

'You hired me because you HAD TO.'

And let's, just for the sake of argument, accept that our black worker was a bum. Sure, they exist, just like white bums. I've fired 'em both; I'm a director of Quality; I've hired literally hundreds of people, and I've fired more than I have cared to.

But the tone of this e-mail flips immediately into racism, and you contard assholes know it and approve it.

Don't tell me otherwise, monsters.

Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.