FW: Principal's Speech

> A Speech Every American High School Principal Should Give
>
> By Dennis Prager
>
> Tuesday, July 13, 2010
>
>
> If every school principal gave this speech at the beginning of the
> next school year, America would be a better place.
>
> To the students and faculty of our high school:
>
> I am your new principal, and honored to be so. There is no greater
> calling than to teach young people.
>
> I would like to apprise you of some important changes coming to our
> school. I am making these changes because I am convinced that most of
> the ideas that have dominated public education in America have worked
> against you, against your teachers and against our country.
>
> First, this school will no longer honor race or ethnicity. I could not
> care less if your racial makeup is black, brown, red, yellow or white.
> I could not care less if your origins are African, Latin American,
> Asian or European, or if your ancestors arrived here on the Mayflower
> or on slave ships.
>
> The only identity I care about, the only one this school will
> recognize, is your individual identity -- your character, your
> scholarship, your humanity. And the only national identity this school
> will care about is American. This is an American public school, and
> American public schools were created to make better Americans.
>
> If you wish to affirm an ethnic, racial or religious identity through
> school, you will have to go elsewhere. We will end all ethnicity-,
> race- and non-American nationality-based celebrations. They undermine
> the motto of America, one of its three central values -- e pluribus
> unum, "from many, one." And this school will be guided by America's
> values.
>
> This includes all after-school clubs. I will not authorize clubs that
> divide students based on any identities. This includes race, language,
> religion, sexual orientation or whatever else may become in vogue in a
> society divided by political correctness.
>
> Your clubs will be based on interests and passions, not blood, ethnic,
> racial or other physically defined ties. Those clubs just cultivate
> narcissism -- an unhealthy preoccupation with the self -- while the
> purpose of education is to get you to think beyond yourself. So we
> will have clubs that transport you to the wonders and glories of art,
> music, astronomy, languages you do not already speak, carpentry and
> more. If the only extracurricular activities you can imagine being
> interesting in are those based on ethnic, racial or sexual identity,
> that means that little outside of yourself really interests you.
>
> Second, I am uninterested in whether English is your native language.
> My only interest in terms of language is that you leave this school
> speaking and writing English as fluently as possible. The English
> language has united America's citizens for over 200 years, and it will
> unite us at this school. It is one of the indispensable reasons this
> country of immigrants has always come to be one country. And if you
> leave this school without excellent English language skills, I would
> be remiss in my duty to ensure that you will be prepared to
> successfully compete in the American job market. We will learn other
> languages here -- it is deplorable that most Americans only speak
> English -- but if you want classes taught in your native language
> rather than in English, this is not your school.
>
> Third, because I regard learning as a sacred endeavor, everything in
> this school will reflect learning's elevated status. This means, among
> other things, that you and your teachers will dress accordingly. Many
> people in our society dress more formally for Hollywood events than
> for church or school. These people have their priorities backward.
> Therefore, there will be a formal dress code at this school.
>
> Fourth, no obscene language will be tolerated anywhere on this
> school's property -- whether in class, in the hallways or at athletic
> events. If you can't speak without using the f-word, you can't speak.
> By obscene language I mean the words banned by the Federal
> Communications Commission, plus epithets such as "Nigger," even when
> used by one black student to address another black, or "bitch," even
> when addressed by a girl to a girlfriend. It is my intent that by the
> time you leave this school, you will be among the few your age to
> instinctively distinguish between the elevated and the degraded, the
> holy and the obscene.
>
> Fifth, we will end all self-esteem programs. In this school,
> self-esteem will be attained in only one way -- the way people
> attained it until decided otherwise a generation ago -- by earning it.
> One immediate consequence is that there will be one valedictorian, not
> eight.
>
> Sixth, and last, I am reorienting the school toward academics and away
> from politics and propaganda. No more time will devoted to scaring you
> about smoking and caffeine, or terrifying you about sexual harassment
> or global warming. No more semesters will be devoted to condom wearing
> and teaching you to regard sexual relations as only or primarily a
> health issue. There will be no more attempts to convince you that you
> are a victim because you are not white, or not male, or not
> heterosexual or not Christian. We will have failed if any one of you
> graduates this school and does not consider him or herself
> inordinately lucky -- to be alive and to be an American.
>
> Now, please stand and join me in the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag
> of our country. As many of you do not know the words, your teachers
> will hand them out to you.

14 comments:

gruaud said...

"There will be no more attempts to convince
you that you are a victim because you are
white, or male, or heterosexual or Christian."

Fixed that for you, Dennis.

Anonymous said...

@ Gruaud (non white lesbian atheist)
Does that mean you agree with everything else?

Anonymous said...

There is no greater calling than to teach young people.

But damn those greedy teachers unions, expecting me to pay taxes so those called to teaching can earn a competitive salary!

We will end all ethnicity-,
race- and non-American nationality-based celebrations


So long Columbus Day. Good riddance St. Patrick. See you in hell black history month.

If the only extracurricular activities you can imagine being
interesting in are those based on ethnic, racial or sexual identity, that means that little outside of yourself really interests you.


I assume we will be getting rid of prayer groups too, right? And damn those gay kids, wanting to seek acceptance and comfort in their difficult situation while building tolerance. Damn people for being proud of their cultural heritage and wanting to celebrate it and share it with others.

Many people in our society dress more formally for Hollywood events than for church or school.

From now on school and church will be black tie affairs, just like the Oscars.

One immediate consequence is that there will be one valedictorian, not eight.

Ah, more baseless whining about the "everyone gets a trophy" system.

My father is a high school teacher at a very, very good public school. Every year they have double digit numbers of "valedictorians". Why? Is it self esteem building? Hardly. Every kid who earns the honor has gotten straight A's all 4 years. Instead of just randomly singling out one kid for the honor, they acknowledge all of their hard work and efforts. Seems pretty fair to me, and it doesn't seem to bother any of the kids or affect their lives in any meaningful way.

No more time will devoted to scaring you about smoking and caffeine, or terrifying you about sexual harassment or global warming.

Throw out the science books! Also, I thought we were teaching kids respect. Isn't part of that teaching them not to harass each other?


No more semesters will be devoted to condom wearing and teaching you to regard sexual relations as only or primarily a health issue.

Because STDs and pregnancy don't exist if you don't acknowledge them. I always find its a good policy to hide facts from people which could help them make good decisions.

As many of you do not know the words, your teachers will hand them out to you

Yes kids, join me in a mindless loyalty oath written by a socialist.

Anonymous said...

Well, actually, this doesn't sound so bad to me - it really could be an excellent learing opportunity!

Just so long as you really mean it, of course.

Because if you do, then obviously, you will of course be eliminating all Christian/European ethno-centricism as well? After all, this is AMERICA, not Europe, and our Constitution CELARLY forbids establishment of religion - ANY religion!

It goes without saying that Christian prayer groups will be banned. Not only that, but OF COURSE the Christamas and Easter holiday vacations will be cancelled, and all in-school acknowledgement of those holidays banned. No more favoring of Christian-centric religious holidays and European-derived tradtions! Columbus Day will be cancelled (ethno-centric), as will St. Patricks Day (Irish/Christian ethnocentricism) and St. Valentines Day (Christian).

Students skipping school on December 25th, handing out little candy hearts in February, showing up in green clothes on 3/17, or coming to school on a Friday in the spring with dirty little ash crosses drawn on their forheads will, of course, all be disciplined - after all, it's only fair.

And while we're at it, lose those little gold crosses (and Stars of David and Hebrew symbols) from around your neck, and get those "wwjd" bracelets off of your wrists - they're ethno-centric, and they're banned.

And I think we'd better do something about the bathrooms and the gym program as well. They're based on an assumption of binary gender roles, and, as we all know, that's not really fair to people who are transgendered and inter-sexed and what have you. Now obviously, we don't want to favor those people - that would be equally unfair - but we shouldn't be favoring hetero-normative students either - after all, we're all just AMERICANS, not "gay Americans", "straight men" or "straight women". Unisex bathrooms and sports teams seem to be the fairest way to go.

Oh Please-Please-Pleasey-Please-Please let's just TRY this at a school!!! I'd LOVE to see the reaction!

ferschitz said...

Many good comments so I won't "go on." Just love how this is disingenuously written to make is *seem like* the putative "principal" is just being "fair" and doing what's best for AMERICAN school kids. And not being racist or intolerant or sexist or homophobic or whatever.

What a load of propagandist bunk that in no way realistically addresses some of the real issues raised in this dull diatribe. Plus yet another case of a whole lot of white "Chistiany" victimization going on... oh woe is me, poor pathetic white "Christian" that I am. I suffer so because of these damned ignorant minorities/ gays/ women/ ethnics/ non-Christian religions/ etc.

gruaud said...

@ anon comment #2

There's boatloads of stuff in this I disagree with.

I usually don't refute everything because this
site would make that a full time job.

Valeyard said...

This is obviously not from a real principal, who would realize that actual schoolchildren aren't doing anything they're accused of here. Poor school performance is very closely tied to social class and parental involvement.

The author clearly believes that whites are "normal," and schools' problems stem from "ethnic" or "religious" identities outside that norm. In short, be a normal white, Christian kid like everyone else, or you're the enemy.

Anoner said...

Valeyard: this idiotic is rightwing spooge bucket. He's not a principal at all. This is some T-tardz wish list for white supremecy in the public school system.

Anonymous said...

I think all principals should give THIS speech:

"If you ladies leave my institution, if you survive high school, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human, fucking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian shit. Because I am hard you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved school. Do you maggots understand that?

Anonymous said...

@ previous anon
WOW what a moron. Must be all those years of swilling liberal horsecrap have finally caught up to you.

Anonymous said...

@ Anon above me

I guess you've never seen a classic of American cinema. Normally I'm not surprised by the ignorance of conservatives but in this case I truly am. Maybe learn a thing or too.

Anonymous said...

@ anon above me

Next time you quote something, please give credit where credit is due. Since I am already taxed to death because of gov't, I don't spend anytime in theater.

Baxter said...

@ the anon above me
jeeeez don't get your knickers in a twist.

Anonymous said...

The only twisting done here is liberass, pukeessive, socialsissy scum talk.

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.