Fw: Silent No More Majority

It's going to be a very good year!
 
I love Bojangles' steak biscuits with egg. I placed my order and waited in a very busy line of other customers this Saturday morning one week before Christmas. As the jovial clerk full of holiday cheer and enthusiasm prepared my order he offered a very loud greeting to all of us waiting in line. "Happy Holidays everyone!" he said in a loud booming voice. I decided then and there I would become a part of the "Silent-No-More Majority". I returned the greeting with "And a Very Merry Christmas to you my friend!"
 
A resounding crescendo echoed through out the crowd with comments like "That's right! Merry Christmas", "Yes! He is the reason for the season!", "Don't you just hate those generic greetings?". The public response was really heart warming. The friendly jovial clerk apologetically stated that company policy made him wait until the customer offered a "Merry Christmas" first, then he could return the greeting in kind. I am so glad I didn't make him wait any longer and judging from the reaction of my fellow biscuit eaters, we all pretty much felt the same way.
 
Your choice. Pick a side. Remain part of the silent majority. Don't offend any minority group no matter how small or perverted or subversive they may be. That's why we don't have nativity scenes in the public square, prayer in schools or before high school football games and why we are reluctant to call people trying to annihilate us, terrorists. Or, join the American side. The Silent-No-More Majority who believes in the principles this country was founded on, the constitution and have decided not to consent by silence any longer. God, Family, Country. I have a voice. I will use it. I will not press "1 for English".
 
Oh yeah, I have a Bible, I read it, I understand it, I believe it and I vote regularly. King James Version (KJV) Luke 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed , when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
 
So here is wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. If you celebrate something else, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukah, etc.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

A "real true story" like this is enough to sap me of all my holiday cheer. I mean *ahem* "Christmas Cheer".

There's so many ways to go with this, but in the end it just makes me sad.

Ken said...

"Your choice. Pick a side"

And herein lies the problem.

Mysophobe said...

"He is the reason for the season."

Who is, Santa?

You idiots know that "holiday" basically means holy day, right?

Thx 4 Fish said...

I would sincerely hope that the majority of people don't really want to wish someone a Merry Christmas if they don't even celebrate that holiday. Since about 15% of Americans are non-Christian, it is simple matter of politeness! Leave it to the right wing to turn a seasonal greeting into another divisive us and them issue. Congratulations to the self-righteous on keeping hate alive through the holiday season.

ferschitz said...

"Don't offend any minority group no matter how small or perverted or subversive they may be.

WTF?? Nice. Yeah: IF *you* don't think/act/believe/look like this asshole does, then you're a f*cking PERVERT. Yeah: got it.

"If you celebrate something else, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukah, etc."... you effen PERVERTS.

What a load of crapulous nonsense. Why how very "Christiany" of you... you read your Bibles and then thump your chests about how very self-righteously correct YOU are, and how everyone else is a pervert and should bow down and kiss your ass.

Yeah the "reason for the season" anymore is for a sub-group of idiotic nasty bigoted sh*theads to run around displaying their racist nastiness to all and sundry.

Peace on earth and good will to all be d*mned. It's all about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and spending lotsa money.

PTOUI!

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see Americans standing up to this evil trend of wishing people well on all holidays. I know it's a tough battle, with that horrible idea being pushed by liberal stooges like Fox News.

Blaney said...

Shorter Silent No More Majority: Hey you perverted, offensive, subversive, unamerican jerks: Merry Christmas ... OR ELSE!

GodlessLiberal said...

Yes, Fox "News" has successfully trained their fans to be offended by the friendly greeting, "Happy Holidays" which is shorthand for "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" but can also be taken generically. It's amazing how a TV channel can brainwash so many people to be so passionate about stupid meaningless non-issues.

Thx 4 Fish said...

We really must thank Fox News, their talk radio friends, and people like Silent-No-More for turning a time of 'peace on earth' into just another way to spread their message of hate and self-righteousness. Scrooge would love to have friends such as these.

gruaud said...

"If you celebrate something else, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukah, etc."

You just pulled the rug out from under your story.

Well played, fake Christian.

Snarla said...

Keep on refusing to press 1 for English. See where that gets you.

And "Happy Hannukah, etc." to all! Hindu? I *said* "etc." Sheesh.

CharlieE said...

Oh yeah, I have a Bible, I read it, I understand it, I believe it and I vote regularly.

I believe you have a Bible. I believe you may have read it. I doubt you understand it, since it's a collection of often-contradictory folklore.

There's no reason to believe it, since it is demonstrably not true.

And sadly, you probably vote based on some, but not all, of what you think you understand about the book.

I'm guessing you vote based on the parts that say unkind things about gays, for instance, but not based upon the parts that insist upon taking care of the poor.

Then again, you've made all of this up, anyway, so I'm just wasting my time.

Happy Holidays!

Kevin said...

Blaney gets the sentiment of the letter almost right, but let me see if I can hone it a little better

"Shorter Silent No More Majority: Hey you perverted, offensive, subversive, unamerican jerksJews: Merry Christmas ... OR ELSE!"

There, that's what it's saying.

Anonymous said...

"Don't offend any minority group no matter how small or perverted or subversive they may be. [...]Or, join the American side. The Silent-No-More Majority who believes in the principles this country was founded on, the constitution and have decided not to consent by silence any longer."

I hate to break it to you, Mr Bible Thumper, but one of "the principles this country was founded on" was freedom of religion. Implying that non-Christians are not Americans goes against one of the bedrock principles of this country. (You *do* remember, o student of history, that the country was founded by Pilgrims fleeing Europe so they could worship freely, right?)

And while you're thumping your Bible, you might peek into it and remember that Jesus was Jewish.

Marc with a C said...

Slight correction to the anon above: the Pilgrims fled to American to practice THEIR religion freely, largely because they were sick of being the victims of legal bullying. When the tables were turned, on the other hand, they had no problem forcing their views on others (see: Island, Rhode).

Anonymous said...

Yes, during the CHRISTMAS season let us stand up for those who suffer oppression. Foremost among them are those who suffer as members of the majority religion in a country with freedom of religion, where the minorities oppress and persecute them via a few legal restrictions on the ability of one religious group to totally shove its religion down other peoples' throats at taxpayer expense.

Other forms of religious persecution - not to mention political oppression, racial and ethnic oppression, starvation, war, poverty, and natural disaster - really kind of pale in comparison with the tragic plight of the American Christian, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

I received these before. IF they mention the Bible, I respond with this quotation from the Good Book:

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are; for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men ... But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou has shut thy door, pray to the Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." --Matthew 6:6

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.