Happy Fourth of July, Andy! Thanks for the fine right-wing find. You are correct, MRWD reader Michael just submitted a doozie that sadly confirmed your suspicions:
"I get this kind of junk all the time from various family members. I used to get angry...but what's the use?"- Michael
Right-wing comment found on a forum frequented by Andy:
1. We don't see looting.
2. We don't see street violence.
3. We don't see people sitting on their rooftops waiting for the government to come and save them.
4. We don't see people waiting on the government to do anything.
5. We don't see Hollywood organizing benefits to raise money for people to rebuild.
6. We don't see people blaming President Bush.
7. We don't see people ignoring evacuation orders.
8. We don't see people blaming a government conspiracy to blow up the levees as the reason some have not held.
9. We don't see the US Senators or the Governor of Iowa crying on TV.
10. We don't see the Mayors of any of these cities complaining about the lack of state or federal response.
11. We don't see or hear reports of the police going around confiscating personal firearms so only the criminal will be armed.
12. We don't see gangs of people going around and randomly shooting at the rescue workers.
13. You don't see some leaders in this country blaming the bad behavior of the Iowa flood victims on "society" (of course there is no wide spread reports of lawlessness to require excuses).
Somehow, somewhere, sometime President Bush must be held accountable for this problem, but the people of Cedar Rapids don't seem to understand that is how it is done. What is wrong with them??
(Shamelessly stolen from a friend's email...)
---Actual email found by Michael---
> *Subject:* Iowa Flooding
> Why aren't Hollywood celebrities holding telethons
> asking for help
> in restoring Iowa and helping the folks affected by the
> Why aren't the media asking tough questions about why
> federal government hasn't solved the problem? Or asking
> where are the
> FEMA trucks (and trailers)?
> Why isn't the Federal Government relocating Iowa people
> to free hotels
> in Chicago?
> Why isn't it giving them $200 vouchers that they can
> spend on alcohol
> and vice?
> When will Spike Lee say that the Federal Government blew up
> the levees
> that failed in Des Moines?
> Where are Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks?
> Where are all the looters stealing high-end tennis shoes
> big screen television sets?
> When will we hear Governor Chet Culver say that he wants to
> a "vanilla" Iowa, because that's the way God
> wants it?
> Where is the hysterical 24/7 media coverage complete with
> of cannibalism?
> Where are the people declaring that George Bush hates
> white, rural people?
> How come in 2 weeks, you will never hear about the Iowa
> flooding ever again?