Fw: I Was Wrong!


Subject: I Was Wrong!


This says it all.....
           
Casual Sundays with Mr Curry published a new post entitled
"Gobsmacked"

________________________________

Gobsmacked

Well, It's official; I don't know anything.

I thought for sure that given such a clear choice, Americans would vote for
love of country over revenge.

I was wrong.

I thought, that just as every presidential election in my lifetime, the bad
economy would be hung around the incumbent's neck, sinking him.

I was wrong.

I thought that even those few Americans who were fortunate enough to still
be fully employed (not counting those leeching off the public system) would
be cognizant of how much pain their neighbors were in and elect someone who
would at least try to make improvements.

I was wrong.

I thought that now that FINALLY some of the disturbing truths about our
president had come to light, voters would reject a man so
dangerously at odds with the American experience.

I was wrong.

I thought the 2010 elections and the Tea Party meant something.

I thought the enthusiasm on display at Romney/Ryan events, contrasted with
the lack of same at Obama/Biden events meant something.

I thought Americans would never sell their liberty for the sake of trinkets
like cell phones or even big shiny lies like 'free health care'.

I was wrong.

Never in a million years would I have supposed that America would support a
president who left his (our) people to die at the hands of our enemies
overseas without lifting a hand to help, then lie about what he watched in
real time for over two weeks, then lie about the lie for another month.

I was wrong.

I thought Americans could tell a hawk from a handsaw.

I was wrong.

We were offered the clearest choice we've had since 1980, where we had
malaise and a misery index on one hand and a shining city on a hill on the
other.  Back then, we chose the city on the hill.  This time the choice was
between a man who says 7.9% unemployment and $4.00 gas is the new
normal and a guy whose entire career has been about fixing broken entities.

We chose to stay broken.  And Broke.

Maybe I'm wrong about the ramifications of this choice.  Maybe windmills
will actually turn out to be a viable energy source.  Maybe America
diminished will be loved overseas.  Maybe a nuclear Iran won't be a threat.
Maybe Israel is over reacting. Maybe western civilization was always over
rated. Maybe life under Sharia Law is fun.  Maybe when the rest of the world
realizes that we have no intention of ever paying back that
$16,000,000,000,000.00 (and counting) that we've borrowed from them, they
won't devalue the dollar, causing hyper inflation here at home.  Maybe China
will just keep on giving us money and not demand our hearts, souls, national
monuments and marriageable daughters as payment. 

I've watched my candidate lose elections before but I've never felt the way
I did when this one was called for Obama.

It wasn't bitterness or sadness or even disappointment.  It took me a while
to figure out what it was.  Then it hit me; it was horror.

Pure, unadulterated horror.

Not because of Obama, but because of what it says about us, the American
people, that we chose this.

It shouldn't have even been close.  Faced with the choice between taking
charge of our destiny and tackling our financial problems, we opted to get
high and have sex. We've elected a guy who doesn't understand that a growing
economy that creates more tax payers will bring in more revenue than higher
taxes.  A Commander in Chief who doesn't know our military still uses
bayonets. A man who wants to control the economy without even knowing the
difference between bankruptcy and liquidation.  It was one thing to elect an
unknown quantity, buying his line of 'Hope and Change'.  It's something else
to deliberately choose his failed policies over someone who has actually
achieved success in life.  I never dreamed America would do that.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, Hello Idiocracy!

Goodbye, recovery.

Goodbye, energy independence.

Goodbye, religious liberty.

Goodbye, liberty and justice for all.

Goodbye, America dream.

It profits a man nothing to lose his soul for the whole world but we threw
ours away for cell phones and birth control pills.

In the twentieth century (the American Century), we stepped up to the plate
three times and saved the rest of the world from fascism, nazism and
communism.  We were the cavalry, always riding to the rescue.

Now, we've gotten rid of our horses, spent all our money on windmills,
alienated our allies, bowed to our enemies, cut ourselves off from our own
natural resources thrown away our children's birthright and spent their
inheritance.

And we did it on purpose.

When the wolf is at the door (and he's coming, yelling 'Allahu Akbar') we're
going to find out there is no one out there to come to our rescue.

On the bright side, maybe it'll all turn out great.  After all, I don't know
anything.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CAN EXPLAIN IT TO YOU BUT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT FOR YOU

You were wrong and the funny if not pitiful thing is you still don’t understand why.

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha, Romney was a "shining city on a hill" on economic issues? I don't think I can afford enough Kool-aid to drink that rosy view down.

This e-mail encapsulates just about everything I believed Americans couldn't be dumb enough to believe. I've been proven amply wrong over the past 15 years.

CharlieE said...

Well, you're right about one thing:

You are wrong.

gruaud said...

"his e-mail encapsulates just about everything I believed Americans couldn't be dumb enough to believe."

Try reading the comments at Casual Sundays on this. These people are utterly deluded.

For instance:
"Man up and grow a set!!!!! Someone take one for the team and make the problem go away Permanently."

Gee, I wonder what that's supposed to mean?

ferschitz said...

"Not because of Obama, but because of what it says about us, the American people, that we chose this."

Translation: Ohmieffengawd we got ourselves that N****r to contend with AGAIN!

"It's something else
to deliberately choose his failed policies over someone who has actually achieved success in life. I never dreamed America would do that."


Translation: Mitt RMoney is a WHITE guy. RMoney is "successful" because he was born into wealth and got even richer by ripping off teh poorz & the blahs...

"Maybe life under Sharia Law is fun."

Translation: I like to make shit up about shit I know nothing about and then victimize myself to the enth degree. Onward Talabangelist "soldiers"...

Nice buncha of lunatic ravings they got going on here. Yeah: "Shining City on the Hill" my ass.

Can be summed up thusly: call the waaaaaaaaahmbulance. We didn't get our way! waaaaaaaaaaaah! The "N" word is back in MY WHITE House. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!



Hooray4US said...

"After all, I don't know
anything."

I agree with this statement.

Don't bother to read the rest of the gibberish, as this is the only worthwhile comment in this entire RWF.

Thx 4 Fish said...

If right wingers really believed what is written here, and they are such patriots, why do they take no action? I've come to believe that they really don't swallow this propaganda message whole. Most of them just pretend to believe in this fantasy tale, because that's what all their contemporaries are doing. And pretending to believe in a pill of dung is really a whole lot worse than truly believing it.

Marc with a C said...

"Maybe China will just keep on giving us money and not demand our hearts, souls, national monuments and marriageable daughters as payment."

So, how much do you think they will give us for the Bush daughters?

ferschitz said...

Response to Fish:

I do think most rightwingers love to victimize themselves & *believe* this crap, but no, they don't really feel like doing anything.

In my experience, a lot of this gibberish is ALSO (or used to be) sent by snail mail in print to Seniors. My parents used to be inundated with this egregious lying crap, and, of course!, included with the bullshit was a plea for MONEY. Most of this shit is associated with some rightwing think tank "charity," and when I followed things up, usually my parents' money was going into some venal, greedy, pig-parasites pocket.

My 'rents, as they got older, got bamboozled into sending $10 & $20 checks to all kinds of lying creeps who had NO conscience about ripping off seniors to the nth degree.

Even my wingnut siblings got pissed off after all, but they didn't believe me at first. I think it's when my mom got, like, her 10th or 11th Ronald Reagan fleece "blanket" - FLEECE being the operative word - for whatever money she sent in to "protect" herself from theiving, rapacious, venal, satan-worshipping LIBRULS that my sibs finally got the drift that my 'rents were being ripped off by shitheads.

In my experience, these predatory assholes really go after Seniors in a big way. As the elderly start declining mentally, as most do, they are truly vulnerable to parasites who have no problem ripping them off.

That's one of the reasons why I get rather incensed when I read this shit. I've witnessed the damage done to a vulnerable segment of our society. Fortunately, my 'rents didn't LOSE that much money, but it was still a CRIME how they were ROBBED by these lying scumbags.

Caveat Emptor.

BrianX said...

A gobsmacked gobshite. Not exactly new.

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.