Fw: Occupy Golf Movement

Subject: Occupy Golf Movement
 
Occupy Golf Movement
WE NEED TO BE HEARD!!!

I am a member of golf's lower 99%.
I am an indifferent golfer, and there's no way I could ever make it to the professional level. I will never put in the practice time to be the best. I will never have the shots, skills, or mental toughness to make it in the sport. I just never felt like working all that hard at it.
However, I am a part of the golfing community and, as such, feel I should be paid by the top 1% of golfers for what I do. It isn't fair that those players who have worked harder, have studied the game, have better equipment and are more skilled and dedicated should make all that BIG money.

Where's my share? I'm a Victim!

The top 1% should pay for my club memberships and green fees and lessons, buy me new clubs, balls, clothes and shoes, and pay me some of their winnings. They can afford it. They are "The Rich."
The whole system should be changed to accommodate people like me. I think we should get together and occupy a golf course and demand that those who are better at what they do, pay for us who generally suck. Whining should get us something - maybe we'll make the cover of Time Magazine, garnish some public sympathy. Hell, during this election year we may even get a law or two passed by legislators who want our votes.

PS. Don't mention this to tennis players. We thought of it first!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pathetic and ignorant. Golf already has something to level the competition among amateurs, its called the handicap system. It helps make friendly rounds between golfers of different talents more interesting and competitive.

Pros and high level players don't use this system, but at that level its very much a real meritocracy. You win or you lose based on performance and straightforward numbers, something you wouldn't find on most of Wall Street.

ferschitz said...

Stupidly dull and not even a good analogy, per what first Anon said.

Also there's loads of municipal and other public golf courses that aren't that expensive to play on; you really don't need any special clothing to wear; and you can buy decent golf clubs & golf balls cheap at garage sales, etc.

If you want to play golf, in other words, it's not that hard or costly to do.

I get it that they're trying to say that all those who align with the Occupy Movement aren't willing to "work hard," or "practice" and/or just expect a "hand out."

Of course, that's quite simply not true, and not the impetus for the Occupy Movement.

But this is a good example of how the 1% use their think tanks to send out propoganda to brainwash conservatives who somehow think they'll strike it rich some day and join the 1%, themselves.

Fools.

gruaud said...

1% = 100 or so mega-rich families and their retainers who are waging a very real war against the rest of us.

99% = the rest of us.

27% = subset of the 99% who believe any propaganda catapulted at them from the 1%.

Marc with a C said...

It really says something about conservatives that they would use a 1% sport like golf to ridicule a mass popular movement. Might as well have used polo.

gruaud said...

Hell, I love to play golf. And I love it even more when I'm paired with conservative douchebags and beat the living hell out of them.

Pro-tip for Republicans: I use Pings, assholes.

I bought them used.

Anonymous said...

Golf, eh? A leisure sport? Sure sounds like a reasonable comparison to being able to find work and stay alive.

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.