[Fwd: Fwd: Fw: Republicans and Democrats]

"Hi. ... I have an old friend who likes to send me this garbage, and even though he's never struck me as a hard-line wingnut, I also don't think he's very bright. He just thinks these things are funny/profound, and it gives him something to do. I guess. I don't have the heart to ask him to remove me from his forwarding list, and sometimes I even fire back a rebuttal. He says, "Hey, I didn't write it, I just send it on."


Anyway, now I have someone to forward these to - you.


Enjoy. Er, if that's the word for it.

Dana"


Thanks Dana. Forwards are a very delicate matter. Feelings are at stake. I think many people see them as a way of relating to far away friends with minimal effort. Sort of like a free, one-click greeting card minus the personal note at the bottom. Are the right-wingers taking advantage of this easy means of relating?
--Forwarded Message--
The Pope took a couple of days off to visit the Rugged Mountains of Alaska for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the campground in the Popemobile when there was a frantic commotion just at the edge of the woods.
A helpless Democrat, wearing sandals, shorts, a "Save the Whales" hat, and a "To Hell with Bush" T-shirt, was screaming while struggling frantically and thrashing around trying to free himself from the grasp of a 10-foot grizzly.

As the Pope watched in horror, a group of Republican loggers came racing up.

One quickly fired a 44 magnum into the bear's chest. The other two reached up and pulled the bleeding, semiconscious Democrat from the bear's grasp.

Then using long clubs, the three loggers finished off the bear and two of
them threw it onto the bed of their truck while the other tenderly placed
the injured Democrat in the back seat.

As they prepared to leave, the Pope summoned them to come over. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he told them. "I heard there was a bitter hatred between Republican loggers and Democratic Environmental activists but now I've seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drove off, one of the loggers asked his buddies "Who was that guy?"
"It was the Pope," another replied. "He's in direct contact with Heaven and has access to all wisdom."

"Well," the logger said, "he may have access to all wisdom but he sure
doesn't know anything about Grizzly bear hunting! By the way, is the bait
holding up, or do we need to go back to Massachusetts and get another one?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats not to like about Rebublicans advocating for a facist government through humor?

BTW to the RW nut who thinks this is humor. Um you can kill a grizzly with a pistol? Really?

angryyoungwoman said...

I just love that liberals are portrayed as weak (repubs are so STRONG) and unable to deal with manly things like nature and the wild. I was raised in the mountains. I know what to do when a grizzly comes around (they don't attack unless they're seriously short of food and/or they sense you as a threat--it's a MYTH) and incidentally I don't need anyone to put a worm on my fishhook.

angryyoungwoman said...

oh, in case my irony wasn't clear, I AM a liberal

Anonymous said...

My mom sends me forwards sometimes, though thankfully they're of the annoying and silly kind and not the right-wing kind. When I told her I usually just end up deleting them she took it personally. I never understood that until now - that theory of yours doesn't sound far from the truth.

 
Creative Commons License
MyRightWingDad.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.